1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

How late does UPS deliver?!?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by bassteban, Nov 16, 2006.

1. bassteban

bassteban

So my D-180 has been 'out for delivery' since 4:30AM. It's 8:01PM as I write this. Not a horror story, of course, but I can either rant or take up smoking. :spit: No offense to any smokers, mind you. So the question is: What is the latest UPS has delivered something to you? Come on, make me feel better...:(
  2. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

Time to accept that it is coming tomorrow.
  3. FrigginChris

FrigginChris

aye same with my digitech BSW
  4. irjason

irjason

My roommate is a UPS driver. He is already working late because of Christmas. He says they basically work until all their packages on the truck are delivered. It's not unusual for him to work until 7 or so normally, but once the Christmas stuff hits (he says it already has) it can be pretty late. Noticing you are in California, I wouldn't give up hope yet.
  5. Jiggybass

Jiggybass

The latest UPS ever came was 2 days early :)
  6. bassteban

bassteban

Jazzin': It's *time* to accept delivery of my stinkin' AMP. At 30 seconds before midnight, I'll consider a compromise. :D
    Irjason, i'm w/you. Not giving up(goes to front window)yet...:ninja:
  7. bassteban

bassteban

I think they're going to make it up on me(whine, whine...).
  8. Dave Grossman

Dave Grossman Supporting Member

The UPS drivers that service my apartment complex suck. I've waited at home for three deliveries that they didn't even attempt. They simply entered an exception and didn't even try to find my apartment. Every one of these times, I had to go to the local UPS hub and wait for them to get me my package.

I don't want to say that these UPS drivers are incompetent. They may just be lazy.

Next UPS guy that doesn't deliver my package when I'm here waiting for it is gonna get tasered. ;)

- Dave
  9. bassteban

bassteban

Can I borrow yours? :D
  10. bassteban

bassteban

*Rescheduled*
    Due 11/17/06
    Loud rumblings soon to follow...
    :ninja:
  11. JansenW

JansenW Gold Supporting Member

I've done this once, but it takes time and the UPS disty site must be close enough for you to go there.

Once you miss a UPS delivery, you can call UPS to hold the package at their disty site and then pick it up yourself. You must be able to catch the package before it goes onto the truck again for the next delivery attempt.
  12. Dave Grossman

Dave Grossman Supporting Member

That's what I did. I called and arranged to have my instruments and computer held at the hub. I was also called to confirm that the items would be there. Then, every time, I get there and it's not there. The guys who run the office there get lazy with the big packages and don't bother moving them unless they actually have someone there waiting for them. Every time, I've had to wait until they were closed for them to drive back to the terminal and pick up the package for me.

FYI, this is the Atlas Rd facility in San Pablo, in case you ever have a package held there.

- Dave
  13. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister Supporting Member

Dang! People are short on patience. :meh:

Do you think the UPS guy was driving around all day with only YOUR amp in his truck? Come on bro, they deliver more than one package a day. As was mentioned, these drivers are busy anyway, and with the holidays coming, it will only get worse. What you should do when the driver arrives is smile, and hand the guy a $5 for getting you amp to you as fast as he/she could.

Yes....I always tip my UPS/FedEx delivery person. Either cash, or a gift card to a coffee shop near my house.

-Mike
  14. bassteban

bassteban

Alright, I said I concede. Stop talking sense to me, wouldja? :D
  15. MJ5150

It was beat into my head as well after I was upset about a package "out for delivery" all day that never showed up.

I feel your pain buddy, I do. :D

-Mike
  16. Chunk-O-Funk

Chunk-O-Funk

Did ya get it yet?

I have gotten packages as late as 6:00pm,........or would have. That where my story begins. ;)

I was waiting on UPS to drop off a package of bass parts on a scheduled Friday, which was perfect. I could then put the bass together over the weekend. I even left a note on my door to leave the package in a certain place If I was not home at the time.

I got home just before 6:00pm and noticed the note was still on my door and I had no package. Immediately turned on my computer and tracked the package to find out it was still out for delivery. There's still a chance I figured. I was surfing TB when I heard the familiar sound of the diesel powered ups truck. Ran to the door to find him at the corner of my street. I live on a corner lot. Then,....he went the wrong way!! A few minutes later I saw him cross my street once again a block further down the road. Yep, the dude was lost, or blind, or just can't figure out what the numbers on the houses are for, I don't know.

That was the last I saw of him. I check my tracking number a little while later and it was changed from out for delivery to "address correction needed". WTH! So close yet so far.

BUT!! Luckily for me I have a brother that works for UPS. I call him up and he is still at work. He tells me he will wait for the driver to show up. :hyper: He calls me back and lets me know he has my package. Turns out the driver in question was a noob, or FNG, and was filling in for my regular driver who was on vacation. Not only did I get my package, I also got the satisfaction of my brother, who also is the shop foreman, busting his chops a bit for being right on my street and not being able to find my house.

Ummmm, sorry. Not sure if that story helps at all. :ninja:

My original answer stands at 6:00pm. :D
  17. bassteban

bassteban

Oh happy day. :hyper: Except I can't test it out until tomorrow- no speaker cord. :rolleyes: I'll try & get pics up too so that this thing will exist. :) Chunk, your story is quite amusing, but might not have helped if I had read it before getting the Boogie. :D
  18. MJ5150

YAY!!! Good news. Now I can go to bed. See ya. :D

-Mike
  19. Dave

Dave

hahaha that sucks majorly. Glad it finally showed up though.
  20. bassteban

bassteban

Yeah, I'm just pretty relieved that it made it here unscathed(has anybody ever actually been scathed? :meh: ). It looks good although it's definitely 20+ yrs old. I can't wait til I can crank this old pup- actually I guess I can, & will...:meh:
    Thanks for the support, everyone. BTW, it got here around 7:00-7:30(I was kind of busy & couldn't even open it up for a couple of hours). I'm sure UPS has delivered later than that before. I guess this is a bit of a snippy thread. :rolleyes: Ah, well- I'll forget it all tomorrow! :bassist: